Friday, August 15

Colored Fruit








This was my first attempt from a workshop taken from Carol Carter this pasted weekend. If you have been looking at my blog for any length of time you know that I do not paint this bold.



Surprising to me, it was actually freeing to use colors in there full intensity. I do like it in some ways.

Not sure about the blue food though...for some reason it does not bother me as much viewing the artwork on the blog but in person it isn't very appetizing.




So I did it again in more traditional colors but in the same process that Carol taught us. I do like it more in the traditional colors. The fruit has an energy that is appealing to me now.




Her process is to deeply wet the area you intend to work, add color and keep adding color or water -working the area until you reach what you want it to be and then leave it alone. Let it dry.


I do have a tendency to over work an area and this way I get to play with the paint, manipulate it and then stop...then do it again somewhere else.


What do you think? Too bold or just right. I titled the painting Glowing Results...fitting don't you think?
Glowing Results, watercolor Arches #140, 11x14

2 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

YUMMY! Your paintings make it look easy, too!

RHCarpenter said...

Beautiful both ways, MaryJane!