Wednesday, March 2

Pike Street Market Revisited

When on location, I tend to walk and take pictures. Of course many of them turn out blurry, so it made the perfect choice for a wet-on-wet painting.
 
This painting flowed together rather easily...no pun intended. 
Really it was not as difficult as I thought which I attribute to 2 things.  The photo was so helpful.  The blurred lines made it easy to follow...in a way that I would not have been able to do if I tried to make the painting something the photo was not. 


Secondly, I have started this new year using fresh paint... not paint that have been in my palette and have dried.  This is actually one of my new years resolutions, to make colors in my paintings more intense and vibrant.    The only way for me to do this seems to be to use paint freshly squeezed.    


I like the effect of the wet-on-wet, I am enjoying painting so far this year.  Some of the group that I paint along with have asked to compare the first Pike Street Market painting that I did to see the differences.  The following painting is one that I like as well mainly because it reminds me of walking in the market early in the morning...the flowers there are beautiful and so many.

This painting was done about 3 years ago.  I don't think my style has changed that much.  I do like this one for the details even though they are not that defined.   

1 comment:

Sandy Maudlin said...

These look great and I love the new look of your blog, too.