Saturday, July 16

HOT CHICK

I just smile everytime I look at this painting.  I just like it!

The title was a statement made when I was describing the thought process to a group of painters during critique and it stuck. It sort of says it all.
The picture was taken by Sandy who shared it with me.  It was started last summer when I was as hot as the weather.  The bird seemed to say to me turn on the fan to cool me off too....and it developed from there.  Nothing new as far as technique used. 

I did combine several images to make this one painting.  The fan was an old one that I use, a photo of bird and the view from my window to the trees nearby.  I don't take the time to incorporate different ideas into one painting very often. That is something that would be good practice.  It would stretch my composition and interest in my paintings. That would involve more time in the planning stage, now wouldn't it!  A good half of the year left resolution.

1 comment:

Connie Smiley said...

This is so darling! It makes me smile, too!