Tuesday, November 29

Mary had a little lamb or two

Lambs make an interesting subject.  I have used the same composition for 2 pictures which turned out with there own look.  This photo was taken from a sheep farm nearby, one of many reference photos taken.  I have used them for cards and now this painting.


The blue painting is on a full sheet of Arches #140 watercolor paper.  No matter what I do the paint didn't seem to reach as vibrant as I would have liked. I was told it's because the pigment is absorbed into the fibers of the paper. It still makes me smile when I look at it.
The second one is Acrylic on an 8.5x14 cut piece of Yupo.  Using the fluid acrylics on Yupo sparked an attachment that I would not have predicted.  The colors do not attach themselves to the paper like watercolors and the paints' vibrancy shows through.  It was fun to do!!!

2 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Both are beautiful and so well done!

Diane said...

One last try to leave a comment. Don't forget, this was my favorite painting in the show at The Barn!