Tuesday, May 29

Lion and Lamb #2

This is the last layer which started out by adding my darkest areas.  There were many areas that I needed to adjust.  The Lions' face was too blue when I first started so I took off the watercolor layer on the face and removed the blue acrylic paint left on his face and painted again.  This is beauty of this process...it didn't bother the first layer because it was acrylic.  Isn't that cool.  I just love this.  I don't have to have the whole painting thought out before I begin.  I don't have to know where my white areas are because I work on that after the color is on the Yupo.  The lamb took some time to do as well.  Putting watercolor on and taking off, reshaping the face and the body.  It's so much fun to get lost in the painting process again.  I am so glad that I was able to come up with this.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I'm leaving a comment under Lion and Lamb, but I REALLY want to comment on the 3 people painting above it since is it so fabulous I can hardly stand it! Hope this makes it to you....

amy.d.s. said...

Is this painting for sale? It is beautiful!

MaryJane Noe said...

I will be making prints of this and the other Lion and Lamb painting for sale. I will set up on my blog a place to purchase them after the first of the year. Please check back.

MaryJane Noe said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It means so much to me that you like my work.

Karissa said...

Where can I buy a print of this painting? Thanks!