Sunday, December 30

FROM THIS TO THAT

This is one of my first watercolors on Yupo. Working on Yupo was not my favorite at first and if I was someone who gave up easy, I would not have tried it again.  It was a frustrating surface to work on for me since I wanted to control the flow of the colors.  That is not the approach you want to take with Yupo if you want to keep your stress level down.  This is my beginning which lead me to the process that I enjoy working in today. I never thought it would be something I would be saying in my lifetime.  I have learned to work with the slick surface. It has taught me a lot about myself and how to paint on any surface.  Learning not to over paint or manipulate the paint too much is a good lesson no matter what surface you paint on.  It keeps the paint fresh.

Since learning several techniques and continuing to use different surfaces to paint upon my art journey has brought me to a process I thoroughly enjoy.   It is a combination of fluid acrylics and watercolors that I call Independent Layering technique.  If you have been reading my blog you have heard about it before. This is my latest art work.  What a difference from the first watercolor on Yupo !!!!

No comments: