Tuesday, August 11

It has been a while since my last entry.  This doesn't mean that I have not been painting, I just have not taken time to share my work. 

This trumpet artwork is another one of the independent layering process.  It is rewarding for me to go through the process each time I work on a painting idea. 
The process teaches me so much about myself:  
*How I lump all things together,
*remove or take away what is too much for me to handle,
*too much to show what needs to be there to define who I am in the moment, and
*adding what was missing in the first place. 

I love the colors of the background and the blending that takes place. It is fascinating and frustrating all at the same time.  There is so much to look at when I do it this way.  I am afraid that I am getting carried away with the first layer and not being more purposeful in the applying.  It doesn't show so much in this painting as it is starting to show in the most recent works. 

I believe it is teaching me to be specific in my handling of my art as well as my life.  Too much is not good ... but the process is forgiving in that I can remove what is overpowering and add what is needed.  I could continue to do that or learn to be more particular in placement of colors from the beginning.  Lesson learned.

No comments: